Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Farrish

Last week our ward went to Farrish for a ward activity. Sadly, you can only go there if you are military or are with someone in the military. So I don't know if we will be able to go there again but we had loads of fun! It was beautiful and couldn't have been a more perfect day. There was lots of snow, no wind and a surprisingly warm day. There was a large frozen lake where you could rent ice skates. Jeff decided to improvise:

Carter was delighted to find this stick:

I was worried about Addison, that is might be too cold or too much exposure for her but they had a lodge where I could nurse her, and she didn't mind being outside at all! She was the cutest little pink bear I have ever seen.

Some of the smaller kids, found a rock to slide down. Carter loved it, he spent most of the day climbing up that rock and sliding down it.

I guess it was more fun for him than trying to walk through all the snow on the ground, he's still so tiny he got quite stuck one time:

Of course lots of snow means big snow balls!

And beautiful landscape:


We stayed most of the day and by the time we got in the car to go home we were all pretty tired. Carter said "Mom, I'm not tired, I don't need a nap," but was zonked out two minutes later. It was a very fun winter day!

No comments:

Followers